Sunday, March 7, 2010

QOTD: if she's going to do that, at least she does it in a straight line!

What a day, what a day. It was 60 degrees and simply beautiful outside today.

To start, I had a FABULOUS lesson. I had wanted to ride outside but the frost heaves did a number on the footing in the outdoor and there are still a bunch of really deep divots, so it's not usable right now. We had some significant breakthroughs!! I almost got launched at one point; I'm not sure if Lucy spooked or just had a "I don't wanna!!" baby moment, but as the title of the post states: if she's going to do that, at least she does it in a straight line!

Here is a video from today.

After the lesson was over, I had to walk Lucy out. I untacked her and led her outside past the cars, but realized I left my helmet on by accident. I was hot, too, so I took the helmet off and for some reason, left it by my car's right rear tire. I think my rationale was that I'd see it before leaving, but as I said it was by the passenger REAR tire so when I was done at the barn, I hopped in my car and started it up and backed right over my helmet. I did a number on it, too...it's basically trash. The whole thing is all bent out of shape and there are several cracks in the shell:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!