Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sometimes you just have to compromise.

You win some, you lose some. Today I compromised with Lucy and had to tell myself it was better than conceding. She had it in her brain that when we circled at the far end of the arena, we needed to actually change direction. We'd come out of the turn and she'd switch to the right lead and try to muscle me across the diagonal, instead of completing the circle to the left. Eventually I just booted her with my right leg and growled at her, but she didn't want to switch back to the left lead, so we had to go back down to the trot and then start again. It was kind of an exhausting ride.

We did have a few nice moments :)

And then she put on a good show!

And showed me just what she thought of getting a bath.

2 comments:

  1. Bodhi does that same thing! I can't decide if he just gets confused or if it is him being naughty. Compromising is always good. Sometimes it is good just to avoid picking a big fight right? She is so cute in here yellow wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. One of those days. Sounds like you made the best of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!