Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lucy in action!

Amanda came out to ride again today and I managed to get some pictures. Lucy warmed up beautifully. She was stretching a lot, seemed really quiet, had a *slow* trot going, and her ears were floppy and happy!



Amanda stopped for a few minutes to chat with Maddy and when she asked Lucy to go back to work, Lucy gave her a bit of her signature attitude, but it only involved pinned ears, swishing tail, etc. No airs above ground or anything like that. Amanda politely said, "I'm sorry you feel that way; all I want you to do is go forward, so whenever you're ready we can start again" and let Lucy pick the direction and pace. It was the perfect response to Lucy's resistance. Within seconds, Lucy was trotting around nice and relaxed again. YAY!

Amanda got her going nicely again at the walk and trot and then called it a day without cantering, which I totally agreed with. It was a very good ride and I sat there watching with a big smile on my face.

10 comments:

  1. She looks so comfortable and happy in these pics! Yay happy Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy looks like a happy girl with that ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Amanda... Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUCY! She looks fantastic! Calm, using herself properly, and quiet. You've gotta get some video for us! I would say they are a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy, relaxed mare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is looking good. So glad to see her back in action.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!