Thursday, May 8, 2014

Is this real life?

I am on Cloud 9 with Lucy lately. Not only am I able to ride way more than I thought I was going to, but she is getting better and better with each ride! Yesterday I switched it up a bit and took her out on the trails to warm up. She was so happy out there! She walked on the buckle, happy pricked ears taking in the lovely warm Spring day. We did a bit of trotting and cantering, and even hopped over a log in the woods!

Then we came back to the barn and schooled for a while in the ring. Someone had put out some trot poles so we trotted back and forth over those. Three strides out from the last pole in each direction, I asked for a halt, then a pivot on the hind end, and then we'd trot over them again. This got her really responsive to my seat and she went from hauling on my hands going down from the trot to just lightly halting without the attitude!

Today we had a little ride in the misty rain in the outdoor and it was wonderful. We schooled some walk/canter transitions and I felt like she was really in front of my leg, but in a controllable manner! She was a lot of fun and didn't seem upset about the weather.

Here are some photos from our ride yesterday:



In Baby Hannah news, I caught her rolling over on video yesterday!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh baby Hannah good job, so adorable!!!! Glad Lucy is going well, sounds like she's enjoying the variety of work as much as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow that little Hannah is a cutie pie!!! Glad you and Lucy are enjoying each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have two beautiful girls to fill your life with joy! Lucky you! Way to go Hannah, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I say this every time, but Hannah is an absolute doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy knows that she has to be extra good for mom now :)

    OMG Hannah is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I somehow thought you were still prego! I came to see when you were due and was met with that beautiful face! Congratulations! She is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a doll!
    So glad it's going well with Lucy. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Lucy is being such a solid citizen! And Hannah is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!