Thursday, August 21, 2014

In love with another mare

Lucy is doing great at boot camp, and I'll be posting some updates that are long overdue, but I have to tell you all about this amazing horse I got to ride a couple weeks ago. She is a 12ish yo TB/Clydesdale cross mare who has been sitting in a field for over a year, and this is how she went when I rode her for the first time (and I am out of shape!):





I mean, HELLO!!!! Look at this horse!








So I know I've said repeatedly that I wouldn't want another mare...EVER, but if I were in the market for another horse, I would love this mare. She is really, really cool.

14 comments:

  1. I happen to be biased for TB/ Clyde crosses myself!! ;) They are real gems! That mare looks so fun to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! I love drafty horses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, before you ever buy a draft cross, do a PSSM blood test along with the pre-purchase. It's not much extra, and it will definitely save you some heartache in the long run. I speak from personal experience. PSSM isn't the end of the world, but it's something that does need to be carefully managed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the unasked for advice, I just learned the hard way and lost out on a lot of time riding and saw the horse be in pain for a long time before the vet and I were finally able to figure out what the heck was wrong!

      Delete
  4. Wow gorgeous girl! And really we can pretend not all mares are crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a Percheron/TB mare, LOVED HER! This girl is beautiful...lets just say the right mare can be a joy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love her! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG She's so pretty! Please buy her so I don't have to!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks lovely! Hope you have lots of fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm training a beautiful chestnut 8-yr-old TB/Clydesdale mare right now...and she's for sale. Ooops. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!